Need to secure a place for your World Record attempt in 2024?
Guinness World Records
How to register?
It usually takes 12-16 weeks to register a world record attempt, so we would recommend you start now if you’re interested.
Aim to apply by the end of November 2023 to ensure you can get this approved in plenty of time before race day.
- Head to their website
- If you don’t already have an account you will need to register for one
- Go to the ‘Records’ drop down menu and select ‘Apply to set or break a record’
- Click ‘Apply now’ and review what half marathon related records currently exist
- When you find an existing record you want to attempt, you can apply for it. You will have to fill out a few questions:
- If the record has been attempted before you will need to fill out an estimated finish time
- You will then need to describe the record attempt, with details of what you want to achieve, where, and why you want to set the record
You could also get creative and suggest a new record that has not been attempted before. You can find out more here about what to consider when applying for a new record and learn more about why some records are rejected.
Need some ideas?
The London Landmarks Half Marathon is all about celebrating The Grand, The Quirky, and the Hidden, bringing to life the history, culture and heritage of London.
Why not take on a record that links to our race theme? You might even get an extra cheer from the crowds!
Come up with your own idea or get some inspiration below:
- Our Bowler Hat Send Off will cheer you over the Start Line, and your record breaking attempt could match their style:
- Celebrate the history of Kings & Queens in London and add some royalty to your run:
- Or celebrate our medieval history:
Or if you fancy going a little more quirky, check out the following records which haven't yet been broken:
- Fastest Half marathon dressed as a landmark building (male)
- Fastest Half Marathon on stilts
- Fastest Half Marathon dressed as Elvis
- Fastest Half Marathon wearing armour
- Fastest half marathon dressed as a witch (female)
Please note, these attempts all come with guidance. You can read more about the guidance here.
The following records have all been attempted at the 26.2 mile distance, but why not take them on over a half marathon distance instead:
- Fastest Marathon dressed as a Post Box
- Fastest Marathon dressed as a Monarch (female)
- Fastest Marathon dressed as a National Flag (male)
Please be aware you may need to provide the following evidence to Guinness World Records after completing the challenge:
- Cover letter
- Race results
- Witness statements
- Race director statement
- Photographic evidence
- Video evidence
- Media articles
If you have any questions about providing evidence, please pop us an email and we will see what we can do to help. You can also find more guidance here.
Please get in touch with us at [email protected] if you’re planning to attempt a record. We’d love to hear more about what you’re doing and support you where we can.
The London Landmarks Half Marathon celebrates The Grand, The Quirky and The Hidden. We have various activation points on the route with a variety of themes and outfits, worn by our wonderful volunteers.
We would love for our participants to get involved with this. Running in fancy dress can be a great way to raise even more money for your charity.
Get In Touch
If you have any fancy dress ideas that you want to share with us, we would be thrilled to hear from you! Please send us an email at [email protected] and we will be able offer advice and support on running in fancy dress, and we may even request to feature your outfit on our social media!