At LLHM we are committed to protecting your personal data and helping you understand what we are doing with it. We will use your personal data in compliance with all data protection laws, keeping it safe and using it in ways that you would reasonably expect.
LLHM Ltd (‘LLHM’) organise mass participation sports events to raise money for the baby charity Tommy’s and many other good causes.
LLHM Ltd organise the following events:
The London Landmarks Half Marathon is a closed-road central-London run and is the only half-marathon to go through both the City of London and City of Westminster.
The Local Landmarks Challenge is a solo virtual run where participants run at least 5k around their local landmarks.
The London Landmarks Skyscraper Challenge is a multidisciplinary event that combines a tower run, abseil, and zip wire at the Leadenhall Building and 30 St Mary Axe.
The events listed above and other sporting events and challenges that LLHM Ltd may organise and may take place anywhere in the UK are known as the ‘Event’
Tommy's exists to save babies' lives. It funds research into the causes and prevention of pregnancy complications that lead to miscarriage, stillbirth and premature birth. It also provides pregnancy health information to support parents throughout their pregnancy journey.
LLHM Limited (registered company in England and Wales number 10584979) was established in January 2017 and is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Tommy’s. Tommy’s is registered as a charity in England and Wales (registered charity number 1060508), and in Scotland (registered charity number SC039280). Tommy’s is also registered as a company limited by guarantee (company number 3266897).
Within the context of this policy ‘we’ means LLHM Limited.
We are located at:
3 Laurence Pountney Hill,
London EC4R 0BB
Telephone: 0207 398 3422
Email: [email protected]
LLHM collects your personal data from the following places:
• When you give it to us
This is the main way that we collect personal data about you. You give us information when:
o You pre-register to take part in an Event
o You enter the ballot for an Event or register to take part in an Event
o You are taking part in an Event via a charity partners’ charity place
o You volunteer to help us with an Event
o You share your story, photo or video with us or agree to be an Event case study
o You are providing entertainment to participants at an Event
o You ask us to keep you updated with information
o You use an Event website
o You participate in a survey to help us improve what we are doing
o You engage with us on social media
o You complain to us about something that we have done
• When you give permission to other organisations to provide LLHM with your personal data
We receive personal data about you from organisations that we have contracted with to provide: -
o An event management portal for an Event. This portal provides a full overview of all participants’ data and enables management and registration of a ballot or Event registration and provides an email tool to communicate Event information to participants.
o The management of the logistics of an Event, to manage emergency and medical information in case of an on-the-day incident and to manage our entertainment volunteers
o Video footage of participants
o PR, media and marketing support for an Event
o The management of our website
o The management of our pre-registration process
o Event merchandise
• We receive personal data about you from organisations where you have opted in to receiving information about LLHM or our Events
• When your personal data is available publicly
We may receive information about you from organisations that provide us with marketing support and help us to analyse and improve the services we offer and enable us to market our Events to potential entrants.
We receive information about you from social media accounts, for instance if you tag LLHM in one of your posts.
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you.
LLHM collects and stores the following personal data:
• Your contact details (including name, postal address, telephone number, email address and/or social media identity)
• Your age
• Your employment details
• Your gender
• Your ethnicity
• Your emergency contact details
• Your Just Giving donation details
• Your health details
• Your reasons for taking part in an Event
• Your vehicle registration details if you are an entertainment volunteer
• Visual information about you – photos and film
• Your IP address
• If you are a supplier of LLHM who needs to be paid
• If you apply to work at Tommy’s or are an employee or ex-employee of Tommy’s
The details below set out how you could interact with LLHM, what we are doing with your personal data, our lawful basis for processing your data, and our legitimate interest (if we are relying on this).
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it. The maximum period will be 7 years since our last interaction with you.
The lawful bases we use to process your personal data are: -
This is where we have asked you if we can use your personal data in a certain way and you have clearly agreed to this. If we are relying on consent as our lawful basis to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
• Legal obligations
If we are relying on this as our legal basis to process your personal data we are complying with a common law or statutory obligation.
• Fulfilling contracts
This is where we need to process your personal data in order to fulfil a contractual service to you.
• Our legitimate interest
This is where we are processing your personal data in ways that you would reasonably expect. If we are using this basis, we have conducted a legitimate interest assessment to make sure that we have a legitimate interest, that the processing is necessary to achieve that interest and that we have balanced our interests against your interests, rights and freedoms.
Where we are relying on this basis we have outlined a summary of our legitimate interest.
If you are interested in taking part, apply to take part or are a participant in an Event
If you volunteer to help on the day of an Event
If you have asked to receive information about LLHM
If you complete a survey for us
If you engage with us on social media
If you complain to us
If you are a LLHM website user
At LLHM we will only share your data when we have a need to do so. The main reasons will be to provide you with the service you require e.g. ensuring that you receive the appropriate medical support you need at an Event or because we are using the services of specialist companies where we do not have the necessary expertise to manage a specific part of an Event.
We ensure that all organisations that are processing your personal data on our behalf have the highest standards of security and will not use your personal data for anything other than our agreed purposes that we have set out in this policy.
If a participant or ballot entrant opts in to receive future LLHM communications or pre-registers for a ballot, we may use your anonymised data to create a lookalike audience to market our events to.
We will share your information with third parties in the following circumstances: -
We use your contact details to make an automated decision when you enter into the ballot to participate in an Event. We load each applicant’s contact details into a database that then randomly allocates Event places if there are more applicants than places available.
In very limited circumstances, LLHM may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). LLHM will ensure that the country to which your personal data is transferred ensures an adequate level of protection for your rights and freedoms.
You have the following rights:
• The right to access your personal data - you can submit a request to find out about the information we hold about you. Here is our Subject Access Request Policy
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data – if we are processing your personal data under the legitimate interest lawful basis.
• The right to have your personal data rectified – you can request that we correct your personal data if it is incorrect or incomplete
• The right of portability of your personal data – you can request that some of your personal data is transferred to you or to another organisation
• The right to be forgotten – you can request that we delete your personal data
• The right to have your personal data restricted – you can request that we stop processing your personal data and only store it
• The right to object to direct marketing – you can object to direct marketing at any point and we will not send you any further marketing communications unless you change your mind
• The right to request that any automated decisions are reviewed by a human
• The right to withdraw consent - if we are relying on your consent as our lawful basis for processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent for processing at any time
• The right to complain about our processing of your personal data – please contact [email protected] so that we can help you. If you wish you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via their website https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Data Protection Officer
3 Laurence Pountney Hill
Tel: 0207 398 3422
Email: [email protected]
Data Protection Officer:
Senior Event Partnership Manager